5:04 PM It has begun....

So I just watched the Saddleback Rick Warren interview with Barack Obama and John McCain. It was a lengthy commitment. I could have made things easier for myself and strolled along as a lemming skipping down the yellow brick road like most of the counterparts my age. I could make a short hand commitment by flipping on to watch MTV and see what Kanye West, P-diddy or Real lifers say... I can even commit to another popular avenue and hop down the Bono, Chris Martin or Oprah trail for wisdom on who would be best for the presidential position... But I find it more satisfying to hear from those that are actually contending to be our next president beyond a 30 second clip.. Any statement from the short list I provided pales in comparison of the words that fly from the lips of Senator McCain and Senator Obama. My hats off to both McCain and Obama for being men of character and committing to this opportunity hosted by Rick Warren and Saddleback Church.

With both presidential runners sharing ardently about where they stand with their walk with Christ, this should be an EYE OPENER to anyone that calls themselves a follower of Jesus... However I will say, and it grieves me to say this.. But I had an epiphany the other day. I realized that there are "claiming" followers of Christ that are completely detached Biblically as well as worldly. Meaning with specific topics at hand, they haven't a clue what the bible tells us, as well as what is going on outside their own doorstep. I never knew a chasm like this existed.. I really thought that people contain in themselves some capability and have some balance. But I am finding that a large percentage of Christians are completely aloof in both cases...

With the context of my last "political blog" and even the ones before, I'm finding that words really don't matter and it's more about the "image", an extremely potent and deadly popular trait . I'll be the first to admit that blogging is really just a egotistical venue, but it disappoints me that so many can't chime in. Whether it's because a lack of educational character or outright passiveness, some topics like abortion or foreign affairs do matter in the realms of our beliefs. I would be a hypocrite if I wouldn't be able to admit that maybe I'm assuming that the numbers of my readers are under what my hands can count. But then I would have to be content with speaking to the open air or rather fall in line and start snorting what's popular.

As a follower of Jesus I believe If there is a whole heartily commitment to watch the world, there should be a whole heartily commitment to pray and move in the direction that solely upholds the character of not our own agenda, but that of Jesus Christ. And through the CONSISTENT guidance of the Holy Spirit in discernment and the wisdom and power of God's word we won't fall into confusion as to what we need to do.

So, without further adieu.. here is a link of the interviews of both Obama and McCain. [Click Here]