8:12 AM Favor...

I was talking with someone this week.... They told me they see me as someone who has a ton of favor in the Lord. But I don't have much or really any with men.

I've thought long and hard about this. And at this point I can only come up with one thought...

It really revealed to me who really has control, especially in the church... You can have all the favor that God can give you, but what really matters in this world is what man thinks of you... Man is in control or rather wants to decide who is in and who is out, not God. God is an awesome God, but favor in men seems to outweigh favor in God I guess..Who cares what God thinks about you, right? If I have all the favor in God but none in man I've lost... But if I have none or very little in God and a ton in man, I've won. Or so it seems...

Maybe I should start a rock band.. Tour the globe... Speak against social injustices... Sleep around with groupies, experiment with drugs...Rock stars don't have to worry about character or integrity, loyalty or humility... They have tons of favor...everybody wants to kiss their ass... I am definitely doing something wrong.

Being in tune with men is really the key, being in tune with God is really secondary when it comes to living as a successful Christian in this world. Nobody reads their scripture anymore anyways... and praying.. that's for dinner time and counseling sessions.


I'm still processing this... But as for now...

In the end... I'll take favor in God, because that's who I have to face when I die...