9:56 AM MAN-UP2

MOST FATHERS HAVE MORE OF THEIR "OWN" AGENDA RATHER THAN "OWNING" THE FATHERS AGENDA.


So, Julie and I spent two days in Sac with her family... We all went to the State Fair on Saturday and then Sunday we dashed over to Old Sac to check out the Gold Rush Days... Now there's a time period I would have enjoyed living in... I'm not stoked on country music, but there is something about the old west that has always attracted me.. Ask Julie, I've always appreciated the rugged, flying by the seat of your pants lifestyle the old west demonstrates... Her Dad is that in traditions.. He loves the out doors.. Hunting, fishing, camping, sports.... But you know what's interesting about him versus other "men" or fathers I've seen... This guy doesn't do it without his family... Everything he does, he does with his family... He doesn't pawn off his kids on his wife, so he can scamper away and do his own thing... He doesn't seclude himself in a cave away from everyone so he can consume hours of NASCar or ESPN. He doesn't sneek off to the golf coarse on the weekends... He plans his life around his family... And in return, his family respects him naturally and loves him dearly... They look to him in all their concerns, never being afraid of what he might think. They don't live amongst their father walking on eggshells and wondering what side of the bed daddy woke up on... This man demonstrates for me what it means to be a father... I hope I can someday live up to the task..

Oh he's in his 50's, in really good shape.. (no beer belly!!) and plays soccer every week.. he can probably give you an ass kicking too if you needed it...

I like what Driscoll has to share...