8:35 PM Be my everything........

What more can one ask for than a Church that is moving in a direction that challenges and loves people...

Sometimes I get off track on the full picture of Christ and I look for what I want to hear at Church. Don't we all? Tonight at Church was one of those nights where I think everyone had a full view of what we are called to look like.... And I think a lot of us were waiting for the justification...The verse that covers us. You know the one where the Pastor says "but! it's okay because...blah blah blah....." BUT There wasn't one ... Crap! Do you mean I have to actually apply myself? Come on Nate!! Right?? haha... I've known Nate for a long time, I'm proud to be part of his life that moves towards the face of Christ... Amazing friend...

I loved that Nate used the Wendy's commercial. It was such a great illustration how we get comfortable and just go with the flow.... I've always expressed that I'm not a lemming but at the same time try not to come off in a forceful manner in my views, I at least never mean to. I'll be honest.. some of the other illustrations were elementary.. In no offense let me explain.. I believe that most of us are "off the bottle". When I hear things like... We need to be a Church that doesn't hate fags.. I think to myself.. Done. We are, because we have never been one that did, right? And yes there are Churches that are proclaiming such garbage... But seriously, that is such a small army... God is conquering that. Really, I think we are so far beyond this idea that "Christians" are this: Against gays, against abortion, against democrats....... People cheered when Nate said "democrats".... haha.. they must support Obama... But seriously, I think we are beyond that.. He even said "tattoos" And I was thinking to myself, thank God I don't have any of those, right? The message was so challenging... I guess I was a tad disappointed at the examples that were given as to what we need to move away from...

Nate did hit on a very important topic though, Gossip. I have personally seen gossip shatter relationships, I've used such a disgraceful weapon and have had to repent so many times for my stupid tongue, I've moved away from that I hope.... God has really broke me in that area and has showed me what a life speaker looks like. I'm still working on that and will probably spend the rest of my days doing so. This doesn't mean I'm rolling over though... But, this gossip thing is a very big deal, even in our community...... Lets be honest......So, really I'm saying this..... We know how to love the unloved, the gays... the straights... the politicians of any sort.. we really know how to be generous too....... but the one that stuck out to me the most.. the one thing that challenges us the most at the Stirring is gossip... slandering... course joking.... sarcasm... shelving our angers and frustrations... This is our weakness as a Church... It has been our weakness as a body of Christ even since the days before the Stirring (for all you celebration veterans.. yeah Klein.. you too brother..)

I just want to say.... I'm guilty... and I'm sorry...... and I want to move in the direction that goes against it.