5:23 PM Speed Painting....

What is Speed Painting?

"There are many definitions of this kind of art, but actually on the Internet, Speed Paintings are known as a time-lapse video featuring the construction of an image. It is primarily a digital art form whereby the image is hand-drawn and rendered using a tablet and graphics editor such as Photoshop or Painter. The artist may use his imagination or take direct inspiration from a live scene, but will typically choose to recreate an image depicted in a photograph. Whilst the image is in production, every single action on the computer screen is automatically captured and compiled into a real-time video. That recording, which begins with a blank background and ends with the completed piece, then undergoes an editing process. The video is accelerated by a factor of between forty and sixty, components are added or removed and it is also given an appropriate soundtrack. The finished SpeedPainting, which may have taken the artist more than five hours altogether, will usually last little more than three and a half minutes – the average length of a song."
In few words: is the “Behind the Scenes” of an illustration."
-Nico Di Mattia


So... I think I'm going to start doing this.... In the past I've done many portraits with graphite pencils.. Lately I haven't lifted a single pencil which is a total bummer.. I've kinda fell into the graphic design world leaving behind my natural ability to draw and create..... So...... I think I'm going to start doing this...

Nico Di Mattia is an amazing artist whom I've always admired....

all these are done in photoshop

here is some of his speed paintings... prepared to be amazed....










Another great Speed Painter, Manlio Noto...

here are a few of his.







Another great Speed Painter... S. (steven) Maguire...

Here are some of his...







Anyways...... So, I think I'm gonna join these guys..... Maybe I can have some for next years Erase The Dark, Music..Art..and Film festival..

We shall see...... If I am good enough... :)